Toys-R-Us Affiliate

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Essential Baby Products

When you get pregnant everyone will give you advice on the BEST baby things out there. Half the time you don’t use them at all, let alone use them for a second baby. Here are my top 5 best baby things that can be used for multiple children.


1. Swing- The swing is on everyone’s baby list and let me tell you that you all need it! Once you get one, take care of it and use it for subsequent children. Sometimes it is the only place my kids would and will sleep, in fact my 7 month old is napping in our swing right now.  We have the fisher price Snugapuppy Cradle ‘n Swing, it plays sounds, lullaby’s, and has a mirror mobile that rotates. The best thing about it is that there are no batteries* and you just plug it in.

2. Pack-n-play- I don’t have a fancy pack-n-play in fact I don’t think the fancy ones are all that useful. The baby out grows the changing table or napper so quickly. All you really need is one with the removable bassinet level and you’re good to go.  What I have loved about mine is that I can take it anywhere. It sits in the corner of  the room and is easy to pack up when I need it. We have taken it to the park, on vacations, and even camping. It will literally last you forever if its taken care of, and the kids can use it until they are able to climb out of it (which for us was around 2 ½). Right now our youngest sleeps in it in our room and it makes night feedings a breeze. I can't find the exact one we have but it looks like this one here!

 Nolan and Weston both using the pack-n-play 

3. Aden and Anais swaddles- Ok these are the BEST. SWADDLES. EVER! I know that they are a bit on the pricier side but I will say that they last and they are amazing. They are so soft, large, and make swaddling so easy. What I love most is that they are perfect for the summer, they are very lightweight and provide shade from the sun, without roasting your child. They are also very pretty and come in cute patterns and colors. I recommend these to new moms and second time moms; once you have them you won’t want any other light blankie or swaddle ever again!


4. Baby wearing device- I am not a mom that wears my baby all the time but when I do need to wear my son I prefer to use the Infantino SashMei Tai. I really like this one over the Moby wrap I have and used for my first son. The Met Tai is like a mix between a Tula and a Moby (in my opinion). Nolan really loves it and falls asleep in it every time I put him in. It makes going to the grocery store, museum, and park easier because I have both hands still to interact with my oldest. It took me a few tries to learn how to properly wear it but now I’m a pro and love it so much.


5. Boppy Newborn Lounger- This is probably one of my all time favorite baby products. Especially when you have a two-year-old running around and a fresh newborn to put down. You can put fresh newborns in it to sleep their days away; you set it on your bed, couch (always supervised), or even the floor. They sit in the little nook, and because they can’t roll over yet you don’t have to worry about them just flipping or falling out. When my first son was older and holding a bottle on his own he would lie back in it and eat. It was like a little recliner that he loved. Finally when your kids are all done with it, it makes the perfect cat bed (kidding) but seriously you have to keep your pets out of it because like babies, they love it too!
         
                                   Nolan in the Boppy              Weston in the Boppy covered by a blanket 


 Figi in the Boppy 



*I am not one for batteries in baby items, baby things are used too much and die too often, and I don’t want to be out of batteries when my child is having a melt down about their swing not working.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Subscribe to my Newsletter

Follow me