Toys-R-Us Affiliate

Monday, April 17, 2017

Meet Weston Abbott

Weston is my miracle baby, as I said in my previous post Zach and I experienced some fertility problems, I was diagnosed with PCOS, hypothyroidism and low progesterone; meaning lots and lots of pills to take in order to get pregnant and stay pregnant. We went to the doctors for about a year before I finally got pregnant using injectable fertility medication (Menopur), oral fertility medication (Clomid), and combining those with an IUI (Intrauterine Insemination).  
It worked I had gotten pregnant again, I knew I could get pregnant but could I keep a pregnancy? I then was monitored with weekly ultrasounds and blood work until 10 weeks (because all my previous miscarriages were lost between 6 and 8 weeks) then I would be transferred to a normal OBGYN. Weston grew and grew, he gave us a heartbeat at our 6 week visit (where I cried and cried tears of joy). At our 20 week visit he showed us that he was all boy! (we cried more tears of joy). 
 On Sunday Feburary 9, 2014 Zach and I received a real scare while we were out to dinner to thank my in-laws for such a wonderful baby shower we had the day before. As I got out of the car I felt a big gush of water, I had no clue what was going on I didn't know if my water had really just broken or maybe this was a weird pregnancy thing I hadn't experienced before. We started eating dinner and Zach started to get real worried the longer we sat in uncertainty. So I called my doctor, she told me to go to the hospital to get a test done but she "doubts it’s my water as I am only 35 weeks 6 days along". So we went, I checked in at about 8:45pm and the nurse looked at my wet clothes and said "oh god yes! That would be your water, you are not leaving without your baby now". Panic struck, he wasn't big enough yet to come out, he wasn't old enough yet, he was only 36 weeks old he needed more time in there. So many what-ifs went through my mind. On February 10th after 21 hours of labor at 5:18pm my little baby boy was placed on my chest, healthy and happy (like seriously barely any crying occurred). 


He was 5lbs 7 oz and 19 inches long. I was in love. The NICU nurses checked him out and said that he was great no time in the NICU was needed. We all came home 4 days later (he had to stay an extra day under the lights because if his bilirubin levels were a little high. Long, but beautiful story short he is now a perfect 6 month old and the light of our lives!!!





Flash forward 3 years and now he is my big 3 year old! He is such a good boy and I thank god everyday for blessing me with such a wonderful son!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Subscribe to my Newsletter

Follow me